Thursday, June 7, 2012

You're so cheesy.

I don't know about how you do things in your home with your family, but when it's summer our family butts heads. Mainly, it's me. I hate the hot weather. Summers in Missouri kill me. I'll suck it up to take the kids to the park, but I hate the outdoors. And it doesn't help that I'm a mosquito magnet. There's only one thing we can agree on.

Summer = Grilling Time.

A lot of burgers happen, and these take the cake.


It looks like a typical burger, but there's a nice surprise inside.

Cheese Stuffed Summer Burgers

1 lb. ground beef
1-2 c. bread crumbs
1 egg, scrambled
seasonings to your taste
cheese, shredded or cubed (I used cheddar, but you could use whatever you like)
(The measurements of the bread crumbs is an estimate, I eyeball it all)

Mix the ingredients together by hand until it's all one well mixed, uniform ball.
Break it apart into an even number of smaller balls, like meatballs.
I had enough to make 7 patties, so 14 balls.



Take one ball and flatten it out.


Put a small amount of cheese in the middle.
Or large.
Just put some cheese in the middle.


Flatten out another beef ball (hehehe) and put it ontop of the cheese covered patty.


Mush the sides together closed.
Continue to do this until all the patties are finished.
I used wax paper to stack my patties for easy separation and grabbing.


So, the day I made these, we ran out of propane for our grill. I was SO MAD.
My lovely husband then took it upon himself to pan fry them. God bless him.


You just cook them like you would any other hamburger.


And it's delicious.

This is Kyle's burger, with extra cheese and two patties.


This is mine.


And then Kyle decided to top his with some macaroni and cheese.

OH! Speaking of the macaroni and cheese, this is a new thing for me, making it myself. I attempted to do it like Kyle's aunt, Terry, but...according to him it's delicious but definitely not hers. Ah well, I tried.

Not Like Terry's Macaroni And Cheese
16 oz. uncooked elbow noodles
1 package (24 slices) american cheese
1 stick butter (cut into 24 small slices)
small amount of milk
shredded cheddar (optional)

Boil the noodles as per the box/bag directions.
Preheat the oven to 350 F.


Drain them, too.


Pour half the noodles into an ungreased 9x13 baking dish.


Top with 12 slices of cheese, slightly overlapping.


Then top the cheese slices with 12 slices of butter.


Repeat.


This is optional, but you can sprinkle on some cheddar. Not a lot.


Now pour a little milk over the top. Use the milk sparingly and try to scatter it over the top. You only want enough that you can see a bit on the bottom of the pan.


Bake until the cheese is all melty and bubbly. I think around 15-20 minutes.


Then dig in.


Nomnomnom cheeseeeee.

Perfect summer dinner, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment