Friday, June 8, 2012

Taking Advantage Of Late Nights.

Last night, Riah woke up around 2am. I was just beginning to doze off.
She had a nightmare. She clung tightly to me. She wanted to stay with me.
2 hours later, we were still both awake. So I did what any mommy would do.

I put in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
I made hot chocolate.
I snuggled with my baby.
I made her a memory.





The hot chocolate is easy enough (and on the Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder box).

1/4 c. cocoa powder
1/2 c. sugar
1/3 c. water
dash of salt
4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Add the first 4 ingredients into a sauce pan. Mix.




Bring it to a boil. Keep mixing.
I used a whisk to help make sure the chocolate powder lumps were gone. 



Add the milk. Keep mixing.
Don't let it boil. Just get it to serving hot.



Mix in your vanilla and serve immediately.


Add some marshmallows, if you have 'em.
It's these little things that stay with the kids as they get older. It doesn't matter what you do or when you do it, it's the thought that counts.

I love my baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment