Saturday, June 9, 2012

Rollin' in the dough.

Hah. I wish.

Anywho.

I have a weird husband. I've talked about him.

Kyle..ugh. He will eat raw BREAD dough if you let him. He thinks it's delicious. I think it's disgusting.

As far as cookie dough is concerned, I can see his way of thinking. I think cookie dough is delicious, but I hate any of us eating it because of the raw eggs. I'm not a fan of putting my family at risk.

However, there IS a way to enjoy cookie dough...


...egg free!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 1/2 - 2 c. flour (this is a judgement call)
1 tsp. vanilla
chocolate chips (again, judgement call)

Cream together the brown sugar and butter.



Add the vanilla. Then gradually add the flour. Add the first 1 1/2 c. like you typically would, but for the last 1/2 c., keep an eye on the batter. You don't want it too sticky, but you don't want it crumbly either, if that makes sense. It should form a ball easily.


Fold in your chocolate chips. You can use mini chips, butterscotch chips, etc. The choice is yours.
However, I'm going the typical chocolate chip route. I added about 4 handfuls.


Using a scoop, spoon, whatever, roll the dough into balls. Mine are about 1 - 1 1/2 in.


Refrigerate until they're firm. Probably about an hour.
Then take them out. Get them loose off your tray, plate, or whatever you put them on.
I lined my tray with wax paper.


You can eat them like this, and they're delicious.
OR, you can melt down some chocolate and have some fun.


I wanted to experiment.


I coated 5 in chocolate.
And yeah, they don't look pretty. I completely forgot to add shortening to the chocolate to thin it out.


Then, I took some and dipped half into the chocolate.


Then, I used a fork and drizzled chocolate over the rest.
Honestly, you may want to use a baggie with the tip cut. Less messy and probably more efficient than slinging chocolate all over the place...though, the kids and I didn't mind cleaning up the mess.


These went over QUITE well.


I jokingly asked Kyle if I should make them for Christmas this year.
I got a very enthusiastic yes.



Adapted from the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment