Saturday, June 23, 2012

Milk, dark, white..I love 'em all.

It got cake crazy in my house for about a week.
It started with a TROLOLOLOLOL cake I made for a friend coming back from England after a 3 week stay.

Long story short, Kyle got jealous.
Kyle demanded a cake for him.
Apparently, what Kyle wants, Kyle gets.


TONS of calories and whatnot. But SO good.
I did cheat on the frosting, though. That was store bought because it was the specific kind Kyle wanted. *eye roll*

Super Chocolatey Chocolate Cake

2 c. sugar
1 3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. dark cocoa
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. boiling water

Preheat the oven to 350 F. While waiting, grease and lightly flour two 8 inch cake pans.
Mix together the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla.


Combine all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
Gradually mix this into your egg/milk/oil/vanilla mixture.


VERY SLOWLY pour in your boiling water.
Yeah, it's going to be runny. Trust me, it's okay.


Pour half the batter into each cake pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.


Cool them in the pans for a few minutes, I'd say somewhere between 5-10. Then transfer the cakes to wire racks. Cool them completely before frosting. Sometimes I like to wrap the cakes up and freeze them for an hour after cooling so they stay solid.

To frost them, cut the rounded top off each cake until it's even.


Frost the middle of one cake a bit, then put the other cake ontop of the frosted cake.
Then frost the entire cake.

I like rainbows, so I added sprinkles.
You can do whatever you want, though.


Then cut into the cake and eat your heart out.

I know, I KNOW. It's sinful to eat this cake. It's so much chocolately deliciousness.
It's worth it. Your inner fat kid will thank you.
The kids all thanked me, atleast. A lot. A WHOLE lot.




I got to hear I make the best food ever.
That made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment