Monday, February 11, 2013

Pinteresting: DIY Solid Perfume

When I saw this pin and clicked the picture, I didn't think it'd take me into a wormhole. Honestly. Crunchy Betty's blog? It was amazing. And I stayed on there for about a day. I was hooked. 

I knew I had to try this solid perfume thing.

So I go up to the Hob Lob to grab a 1lb. bar of beeswax. Heh. There was ONE bar marked at $4.99. The rest were somewhere like $14.99. I knew, I KNEW it was a mistake. But I grabbed it, and I took it to the register. Here's how the conversation went:

"Okay, I KNOW this is wrong. I'm in here atleast once a week-" - Me 
"Oh yeah, I know. *laughs* I remember you and your kids." - Sales Associate
"*laughs* Yeeeeah, hard to forget us. Anyway, I'm still iffy on buying this. I figured if anything, I would bring it up here so you guys could retag it correctly." - Me 
"Hang on, let me call back there." - Sales Associate

*phone calls made*

"We're going to go ahead and give it to you for the $4.99 since you're in here so much. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, though!" - Sales Associate
O.O "Okay." - Me

Moral of the Story:
Build rapport with the people working at a store you frequent, and PAY ATTENTION TO THE TAGS.

Anywho.

Over on Crunchy Betty, you'll notice that the "recipe" calls for some essential oils. This is to steer clear from the synthetic oils and all the crap they bring. However, I had no essential oils on hand and I was eager to try it, so I used some of the fragrance oil I had on hand from when I was trying out melt and pours and whatnot. It's scented in Love Spell. I can't hate on it.


For my carrier oil, I used some extra virgin olive oil and, whodathunk? This WORKED. And it works WELL. As in, this is permanently going in my purse, and I need to find more containers and some essential oils and whatnot and make more. A lot more. Because I think I'm in love with this stuff.

  Though I'm not sure how long the scent lasts after the first initial application, do it. You won't be disappointed.

Disclaimer
Grating all the beeswax will fill 2 quart sized freezer bags, but it's a royal pain. I'm not responsible for any frustrations or actions from those frustrations.


No comments:

Post a Comment