Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Adventures In Tye Dying.

My friend, Jesse, has been itching to do a craft project. Everytime she comes over, we try to figure out something to do.

I may have rubbed off on her a bit.
Hehehe. That's what she said.

So, she shows up last night with a tye dye kit.


And we got busy. The end results were pretty great.

Here's Jesse's. She did 5 shirts.


She complained the entire time that they wouldn't come out right. I kept trying to tell her (yeah, ME, Ms. OCD) that it's not about it coming out right. It's about being free and just going with it. She was pretty happy.

These are mine. I did 2 shirts (1 t-shirt, 1 tank top that I use when exercising) and 5 old burp cloths I had left from back in the day when Gabe threw up on everything (reflux SUCKS).


I'm pretty happy, too. I actually did the typical twist + rubber band thing with the shirts, but for the burp cloths? I hardly used a rubber band and just free twisted everything, going nuts. I think they're my favorites.

I also tried on my tank top and I felt so good about it, I may even go do a mile on the treadmill.

Maybe not. But it gives me a good feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment