Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ohhhh F-U-D-G-E.


I was totally channeling A Christmas Story with my title. >.<
So, we've been going through a lot lately, more than anyone could probably imagine. I've been on edge and stressed out so badly. I needed something to calm myself.

I needed baking.

Ironically enough, I didn't want to bake. <insert shock face here> 

I went for the next best thing, though. Chocolate.

Now, everyone knows diamond ads lie ALL the time. Diamonds are NOT a girl's best friend. It's hands down chocolate..unless you're regretfully allergic. And I apologize to anyone who's allergic to chocolate. What a sad, sad world.



WIP shot, rolling boil.


Nomnomnom. Almost done.



Quick Fan-Friggin'-Tastic Fudge

1 1/2 c. sugar
2 tbsp. butter or margarine (I used margarine)
5oz. evaporated milk (1 small can)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 (11.5 oz) package milk chocolate chips
2 c. mini marshmallows
1 tsp. vanilla

Line an 8x8 pan (baking pan, foil pan, glass pan, whatever) with tin foil. I usually get a sheet a couple inches bigger around the pan.
In a large pan (2 quart, gives you stirring room and such) add sugar, butter/margarine, evaporated milk, and salt. Put the heat on medium and mix, mix, mix. You want to get it at a rolling boil and keep mixing it for 4-5 minutes while it's boiling. It'll be thin and runny. That's what you want.
After the 4-5 minutes, take it off the heat and add your marshmallows, chocolate chips, and vanilla. Mix it all until it's completely combined. Make sure you get the sides. 
Once it's all combined, pour it into your foil lined pan and even it out. Put it in the fridge until it's cooled through the whole thing (2 hours, usually). Then cut and eat!

How super simple is that? And it's AMAZINGGGG. And I totally lick the bowl and spoon everytime. 


Bring on the calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment