Thursday, August 18, 2011

I freaking love my slow cooker.


I love that you can make almost anything with a slow cooker. That thing is my bitch. Heh. 

>.<

The slow cooker is definitely one of my must-haves in the kitchen. And pulled pork is one of the first meals I've made in a slow cooker. I still make it a LOT.


GAH I HATE WATING!



Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

2lb pork tenderloin
12 oz. dark soda (I like using Dr. Pepper or root beer, but a Bud Light works REALLY well, too)
1 bottle bar-b-q sauce
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Garlic powder (to taste)

So, you pretty much just dump everything into the slow cooker, for the most part.
Take your tenderloin and pierce it ALL over with a fork. It's really great to take out your aggressions on. 
Coat your tenderloin in the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Normally, I sprinkle it all on half the tenderloin while I'm holding it, then I put the tenderloin into the slow cooker and sprinkle on the rest.
Pour your soda (or beer) into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours. 
Drain everything out of the pot. While the tenderloin is in the strainer, take a fork and pull the tenderloin  apart with a fork until there's no chunks. Put the pulled tenderloin back into the slow cooker and pour your bar-b-q sauce over it. Mix it until the tenderloin is all coated nicely. Cook on low another 1 1/2 - 2 hours. 
You can serve this on bread, hamburger buns, or just on its own. This particular night, we ate it on its own with a side of mashed potatoes. YUM!


Totally worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment