Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Italians Do It Right


I'm a huge chicken eater. I could eat chicken for every meal, every day, and not get sick of it. I get it from my daddy. ;)
I love how versatile chicken is. You can pair it with just about anything and get a whole new taste from just one main ingredient. Who can't love a food like that?!
Tonight, I made some Chicken Parmesan. Yummm..Italians sure know how to cook!


Pan frying before baking.


Mmmm I could eat it just like this!


Covered in sauce and mozzarella, ready to bake and eat! Yum!



Nom Nom Parmesan Chicken

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (you can choose to pound them to about 1/2 in. - 1/4 in. thick)
Seasoned bread crumbs (I like to use plain bread crumbs and season them to my taste)
2 eggs
1/4 c. milk (optional)
Olive oil
16 oz. spaghetti sauce
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 350. 
Whisk your eggs good and add your milk to the eggs. Too much milk, though, and the breading won't stick to your chicken. Coat the chicken breasts in the eggs, then the breadcrumbs. Then recoat the chicken in eggs and breadcrumbs. Pour enough olive oil in a skillet to cover the bottom. You don't need an insane amount, but you need enough to brown the chicken on both sides. Set your chicken breasts in a 9x13 baking pan.
Sprinkle the chicken with mozzarella cheese, top with spaghetti sauce, then more mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes (I like to go closer to 40 minutes to make sure the chicken is fully cooked). 
After it's done cooking, sprinkle the chicken with some parmesan cheese. Serve it along side some spaghetti, garlic bread, and a salad. YUM!


My mouth is watering all over again.


Mmmm! Such an easy dinner. And SO good.

No comments:

Post a Comment