Sunday, July 8, 2012

Quickie: Photoshopping.

I play around a lot in Adobe Photoshop.
I used to use it exclusively for photos. Now I use Adobe Lightroom for most of my photo edits. I occasionally use Photoshop for fixing things (like when Gabe got a freaking black eye from his "dancing" in the living room), but Lightroom pretty much does everything I want it to/need it to.

Recently, literally about a few minutes ago, I finished one of the most epic things I've done in Photoshop in a long time...


Yup. That's right. A custom St. Louis Monopoly board.

Red = St. Louis Cardinals (Ozzie Smith, Yadier Molina, Lou Brock)
Yellow/Gold = St. Lous Rams (Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Isaac Bruce)
Green = Areas of St. Louis (Forest Park, Botanical Gardens, St. Louis Zoo)
Dark Blue = St. Louis Blues (Tony Twist, Bernie Federko)
Brown = Rival Schools (Hazelwood East, Hazelwood Central)
Light Blue = St. Louis Celebrities (Nelly, Randy Ortin, Big Foot)
Pink = Concert Venues (Pop's, The Pageant, Riverport)
Orange = Important Places (Hazelwood West, Gateway Arch, Union Station)
Go To Jail = Go To Anaheim (with a photo of Albert Pujols)
Jail = Anaheim Statium
Railroads = MetroLink Stops
Water Works = Budweiser
Electric Company = Bud Light
Luxury Tax = Drop The Puck (Will Arnet spoof of Brendan Shanahan)

We're planning on printing everything on cardstock, then adhering it to a sturdy piece of wood, so that the board can actually be hung on the wall for decoration when not in use. Then, I'll be making some game pieces from polymer clay. I'll also be having to make some custom Chance and Community Chest cards to print off to go with it. And who knows. Maybe Kyle will force me into making St. Louis money.

All I know is it'll be tedious.
I kind of regret having the idea in the first place...


No comments:

Post a Comment