Thursday, July 5, 2012

Lonely Girl Nights

Kyle's shifts at work leave me home alone a lot of nights. On those nights, I never feel like cooking a huge meal for me and the kids. Typically, we'll just get the kids something quick to eat and then I'll get something to throw in the microwave. It gets old. Quick. So I'm forever trying new things to make a quick, simple meal for myself.



Also, it's a well known fact that I love honey mustard way too much.

Lonely Girl's Honey Mustard Chicken

chicken breasts (I used one...because that's all it was for - me)
honey (amount varies on how many chicken breasts you're using)
mustard (amount varies on how many chicken breasts you're using)
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. parsley

Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Mix an equal amount of mustard and honey together in a separate bowl.




Add your parsley and basil until it's combined. It'll be runny.



Season both sides of the chicken breast(s) with salt and pepper.
(I also threw on some onion powder and garlic powder.)
Place it in a baking dish.



Cover the top side with the honey mustard mix. Use a brush..or your fingers.



Bake it for 30 minutes.
Flip it over, cover the other side with honey mustard, and cook for another 10-15 minutes.



Serve it alongside a vegetable. Or potatoes, even. I steamed up some broccoli florets because it's quick and easy.



Oh, it beats the effing pants off of those microwave dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment