Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Farewell, Stella.

For those of you that are unaware, Stella is my ravishingly red KitchenAid Artisan mixer.


Isn't she a beaut? Gorgeous. And she's a hard worker.

Now, I'm sure you think I'm a dumbass, but when you cook/bake as much as I seem to do (when I get in my moods) your favorite appliances seem to gain their own personalities. A lot of times, you'll find yourself muttering "C'mon!" Who are you talking to?

The appliance. That's right.

But Stella? She's a beast. She and I have been through a lot. I've had her for about 2 years now.
But she's leaving me.


It's a sad day, yes, but I had a conversation with my mom today about Stella. See, my mom and dad just live in a house by themselves. My mom hardly cooks huge meals, much less baked goods (I have no idea where me and my sister get it from, really). She CAN cook and bake, but there's no point to really go nuts when it's just her and pops. 

She has a 6qt. KitchenAid Professional mixer.

So, the n00b is officially in my kitchen while Stella is making a whole new home for herself at my mom and dad's house. She probably won't have to do a whole lot of work, but she'll definitely get done what needs to get done.


Now, what's this one's name? I don't know. See, me and this oldie? We haven't had the best relationship. I remember the first time trying to make a cake with this one. My mom got it when I was 15 or 16. 

Let's just say we didn't start off on the right foot.

We need to build a relationship before I'm sure it'll give me its name. Until then, it's the mixer.

I kinda wish I still had Stella, though. Along with the n00b oldie. I'm selfish, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment