Sunday, August 12, 2012

No Neglect Here.

I swear, I'm not. But right now, money is TIIIIGHT. AT&T sideswiped us with this ungodly high bill, it was like 2 or 3 payment cycles rolled into one. We can't afford it. Or much of anything else.

So all our services are shut off. And I'm borrowing WiFi right now.

From the comfort of my own bathroom.

BUT. I have this rant that I want to get out. Just real quick.
If I had a dime for every time one of my Facebook "friends" bought a DSLR, and then on the same day started their new photography business, I'd be the richest bitch in the world.

No lie.

It's none of my business. It's whatever floats your boat, right?

Right?

Fuck. It's one of my biggest pet peeves.

Alright, listen. I'll probably receive a TON of hate for saying all this and, I will openly tell you 100% that:
1. I'm no professional photographer.
2. I'm no one to critique a photographer's work.
3. I have PLENTY about photography I still have to learn.

But what it boils down to is this.
You buy a brand new DSLR. You take some pictures. You throw them up on Photobucket or whatever free editing program online and do a few "enhancements". You slap a "watermark" on there, which is typically beyond pointless and redundant and makes your work look more like that of a 5 year old. You open your photography business that same day, claiming your "PASSION for photography" has always been your life's dream and you have a "NICE camera" to work with."

No.
You're an effing fauxtographer. People are beyond stupid to be paying you money for your shots.

Folks, fauxtographer's are a dime a dozen.
A PHOTOGRAPHER? They're worth the money.

/end rant.
Oh. And I was a photographer at Sears Portrait Studio for some time. I still won't claim that I'm a photographer. I'm an amateur hobbiest, so-to-speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment