Thursday, March 1, 2012

Keeping The Husband Happy.


When my husband saw the finished piece I made for his mom and dad for Christmas, he wanted something like that for our house.

"I'M SICK OF ALL THESE PLAIN WALLS!"

The guy gave me free range of crafting and decorating.

And I. Got. Excited.

First, I started tracing my letters onto some scrapbook paper. I ended up getting the same type of letters that I used for the in-laws gift, but smaller.


Then I had to sit down and paint the board I got.





You know, for someone that hates painting as much as I do, I paint often.
And look at my elaborate tools. A cool whip lid as a paint holder? Thrifty.


And a couple of plastic bags to cover my work space? Recycling at its best, no?


I loved how the paint looked on the sign for my in-laws, so I had no problem doing it for the one in our house.



Then the hard part. Cutting out and placing the letters to get the spacing as best as I could. I'm not so good with this, let me tell you.


The letters in all their glory.
"If you teach your child nothing else, teach them the golden rule."

The actual quote is:
"If you teach your children nothing else, teach them the golden rule and righty-tighty, lefty-loosey."
I didn't have enough room. >.<


All attached (mod podge) on the wood.


Final coat of mod podge to seal everything together.


And it's currently...not hanging up anywhere. Because I ran out of the hanger attachments.

Clearly, I don't think ahead very well.

Also, I'm not very happy with the spacing and jumbly-ness that the letters are.

Kyle loves it. Says it gives it character.

I say it's done and I'm not doing it again anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment