Friday, September 2, 2011

An asian..cooking...mexican?


For some reason, whenever we have someone over I'm obligated to make these. Not anything else, just my burritos. They're simple and quick, so I don't complain, but it kinda confuses me, to say the least.


Large tortillas FTW. Also make great baked nachos.


Mixmixmix.


Beans, beans, the magical fruit....


Everything tastes better with cheese.



Burritos

1 lb. ground beef
1 can refried beans
1 packet taco seasoning
Velveeta (I use about half a block)
Large tortillas
Butter (or margarine)

Butter one side of your tortillas and stack them on a plate, butter side down.
Brown and drain your ground beef. Mix in your taco seasoning. I usually don't add the water or milk or whatever to it, so it's just straight beef and mix. 
Melt your velveeta any way you want. I usually put it in the microwave at 30 second intervals.
Heat a skillet on the stove on high, and then turn it down to somewhere in the middle.
Spread some refried beans on the tortilla. Top it with beef, then velveeta. Now, folding.
Fold the bottom up. It should come to about the middle of your innards. Then fold the sides in. They should overlap a bit in the middle. Then fold the top down to cover it all. It's kinda like an envelope. Place it seam side down in your skillet and fry until it's browned on the one side. Then flip. Repeat for the rest. It usually makes 5 for us.

And then just enjoy!



They're SUPER easy, simple, quick, etc. And everyone seems to love 'em. Hey. I don't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment