Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Me

Why, HELLO 2013!

We went through a lot in 2012. A lot, and I think that's an understatement.
But it's all resolved and done, and we finally get to enjoy this next year.

I don't make resolutions, because I don't feel like a lot of people keep them. But I'm doing something for me this year.

I'm worrying about myself.

I know, I know. As a mom/wife, we don't typically put ourselves first. It's almost ingrained into our brains. I don't necessarily plan to change that, because it's what I do. But looking back through my life, I realized one consistent thing.

I never, NEVER take care of myself. And because of that, everyone else suffers.

So, I'm making a lifestyle change.

It's going to be a slow process, one that I'm taking baby steps to. I don't want to rush it, I want results.

I have 60 lbs. to lose, and energy to build. And I want to begin living better.

I want to be able to run around with the kids without getting exhausted in 10 seconds.
I want to be able to go shopping and find clothes that fit easily.
I want to be able to show my kids what it means to live a healthy lifestyle.

And it's hard. I'm not going to lie, it's extremely hard.

But I'm going to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment