Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm pork's and poultry's worst enemy.


It's no big secret. I love chicken. It's a family thing, I think. Me and my dad could eat chicken most, if not all, of the time. Don't even get me started on some turkey. Birds must hate us.

I definitely dig on some pig, too. Bacon is good times, but sliced ham? I love it. Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches? Yum. Yum all day long.

So, you know, you just HAVE to combine the two. And throw some cheese in there.


HOW MOUTH WATERING DOES THAT LOOK?!



Ham, Cheese, And Chicken Rollups

4 chicken breasts
4 slices sliced ham (or more, depending on you)
4 slices swiss cheese (or more, depending on you)
1-2 c. bread crumbs (seasoned, if you like, or season them yourself)
parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
butter, cold
toothpicks

Preheat the oven to 350.

Pound your chicken until it's about 1/2-1/4 in. thick. You don't need a meat hammer. You can use other things around the house. Example, I used my husband's hammer wrapped up in plastic wrap. Improvise, yo. And don't forget to trim the fat.


Lay your ham ontop of the chicken. And then your cheese.


Throw your breadcrumbs into a bowl. Season them now, if you're doing it yourself. Make sure it's all combined real good.


Roll your chicken up, like you're rolling a cinnamon roll. Use a toothpick (or a few toothpicks) to secure it into place.


Roll your chicken breast into the breadcrumbs.


Make sure they're coated well and then put them in your baking pan/dish. 


Cut your cold butter into slices. A tbsp. each is going to be a bit on the much side, so make them about half of that.


Put two on each chicken breast.


This step is optional.
Using the leftover breadcrumbs, mix in some parmesan and salt and pepper.


Sprinkle that over the butter covered chicken breasts.


Bake these for about 35-40 minutes. The chicken breast IS going to be stained a bit pink because of the ham, but you should be able to see the difference.


Mmmm. I like to make some sort of potato to go along with them. I did alfredo potatoes this night.


Deeeeeelicious. The kids all love it, too. I love when kids love what's for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment