Saturday, November 26, 2011

I'm poor and can't afford a Daddy.


My Daddy's Cheesecake is delicious. That's a given.

BUT managing money + My Daddy's Cheesecake? Yeah. You know what that equals to without me even saying it.

Anywho.

We're going to Kyle's aunt's house tomorrow for their Thanksgiving get together. And let me tell you, this side of the fambam is amazeballs. I get along with..most of them, if not all of them. And the first time I was at this particular aunt's house, her husband, Kyle's uncle ofcourse, had me cornered on their porch and forced me into talking. I was still on the fence about in-laws after my past experiences. But the conversation started out with...

"Okay. I gotta ask....Rocketship?" 

^.^ Oh, Moonshoes. The amount of confusion that comes from our names is totally awesome.

Again, anywho.

I was asked to bring a pumpkin pie or something of the sort, but once I told Kyle, he went on about how EVERYONE brings a pumpkin pie. Yeah, that didn't flow too well with me. Not because I have to stand out (atleast, when I'm sober...), but because I didn't want there to just be pumpkin pie. Don't get me wrong, I can eat the crap outta pumpkin pie (I think it's mainly for the whipped cream, don't hate on my inner fat kid) but after a while it just gets monotonous.

So, I made cheesecake. :)


Cherry and blueberry. I can't wait.



Fast And Easy No Bake Cheesecake

8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. sour cream
1/3 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. cool whip (and you need to call it cool wHip, like Stewie)
pre-made graham cracker crust (you can make your own, but that's too much work)
pie fruit topping/filling of your choice

**I'm making a double batch, so it'll look like I have WAY more than you**

So, to start, you want to mix together the cream cheese and sour cream until they're as smooth as you can get them.


I would totally suggest using a mixer, because it's a lot of mixing.


Also, it's easier if the cream cheese is at room temperature.
*Sorry for the photo quality of a few of these pictures.*

Next, add your sugar and vanilla. Mixmixmix.


Now scrape your beater (and don't forget to scrape the sides while mixing) and get ready.


Fold in the cool wHip. If you don't know how to fold in an ingredient, YouTube it.


Now you pour..glob..plop..these cheesecake innards into your pie crust. Try to get the top as flat as possible. Also, DO NOT OVERFILL. Because you won't get the lid on it. I forgot this little tidbit..


Spoon your topping over the innards.


Cherry.


Blueberry.

Not put the tops on those babies and refrigerate!

(Like what I did there? Making the wait seem fun? Didn't work? Didn't think so.)

You'll want to refrigerate these for ATLEAST 2 hours, but 24 hours is ideal.

And BAM. Super fast, super easy, and super affordable.

(That's what she said.)

No comments:

Post a Comment