Friday, November 9, 2012

Surprises, Birthdays, and a KittyKat

This past...week? weekend? weekend prior?...was busy. It was full of fun, friends, and a few beers. 
It started with a car trip to the St. Louis area for a surprise (late) birthday party for one of Kyle's aunts, Lisa.


I love her. She's such an amazing person with talent in so many things. She deserved this.


Everyone came, including my sister-in-law and mother-in-law. That was another part of the surprise. Lisa had no idea they were flying in from Washington!


Many props to Liz and Jordan, Lisa's daughters. They arranged the whole thing.


Albeit, the waiting plan changed. Gabe about ruined it with his babbling. We were in the garage for about 20 minutes or so. It was all worth it.

We stayed the night at Liz's house and left the next day to go see my Kia. :)
Kia, being the amazing person that she was, made Selena a birthday cake! How amazing is she?!


Selena was so excited. She had no idea!


The cake was deeeelicious. I could go for another piece. Or 5.


Selena had a great birthday. She didn't know Aunt Amanda and Grandma Barbie were flying in for Lisa's party. It made her birthday all that much better.


I can't believe she's 6 already. Where did the time go?! :(


Oh yeah. That baby?  THAT'S MY KITTYKAT! :D I FINALLY got to see the little gorgeous bundle!


She made her Aunt Rachel go a bit camera happy. All in all, she was a great sport.


I got to snuggle on her and love on her and changed 3 diapers (yeah, bragging about that).
Kyle says no more babies.
Gabey says "Don't want one."


And THAT, my friends, is the blanket that would never be finished. Looks great with her, if I do say so myself.


All in all, it's been a lot of running around. Trying to get back into the swing of things hasn't been all that easy, to say the least. We'll all get there, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment