Sunday, July 24, 2011

That's A Load Of Crock Pot Roast


Worst news EVER to hear in this household.

The heating element went out in my oven.


I'm so beyond upset over this. I can't bake and I'm VERY limited to what I can cook. As if making food wasn't bad enough with little kids, the picky little boogers. Now I have to try and come up with ways to not keep making the same thing all the time on the stovetop or in a crock pot. While many people say "Oh, that's easy!", maybe they should try it. It's easy to say that when your oven is still in good working order. But I have picky kids and a picky husband. I'm pretty much stuck.
So, I went on the search for something easy and simple, and I kept coming back to pot roast. Okay, I tried making pot roast once before this, and it came out horribly dry and I vowed to never make it again. But, beggars can't be choosers, and by this point I was BEGGING for something. And so...


Nomnom! The carrots and potatoes were DELICIOUS. And the beef wasn't bad either!


The beef was still a LITTLE dry, but in the typical roast beef dry. Know what I mean? No? Well, deal with it.



Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast With Potatoes And Carrots

1 3lb. bottom round roast
3-5 baking potatoes, peeled and chopped (I sliced down the middle and then across a few times)
4-6 carrots, peeled and chopped (I just made slices, that's only personal preference)
2 packages dry onion soup (I got the dry onion dip or soup packets)
1 1/2 c. water, divided
salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste

This is a super easy recipe, especially when you wake up in the morning not feeling like P. Diddy and you just know it's going to be a long day. 
Sprinkle the round roast with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and then place it in the crock pot. 
Sprinkle the first soup packet over the roast and add 1 cup of water.
Throw in your potatoes and carrots all around and ontop of the roast, but only just a few ontop. Well, I'm sure you could do it however, as long as they're all in the crock pot. Sprinkle your second soup packet over everything and add 1/2 cup of water.
Cover, turn it on high, and cook 6-8 hours. Simple enough, right?
I found mine was done at the 6 hour mark, but I let it cook for 7 because I'm too cautious for my own good. You should see how nuts I go when I'm cooking chicken.

And vĂ³ila!


Easy meal deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment